North Tyneside Council, North Tyneside CCG and VODA are working with Simon Penhall from Helme Park to showcase some of the amazing partnership working that has been going on in North Tyneside during the pandemic. The last 18 months have presented some real challenges for people and organisations across North Tyneside, but have also created an urgency and energy to explore new ways of working together better to help address the changing needs of local people. Simon has facilitated three discussion groups, each focussing on a specific area of work - the vaccination programme, the Local Support System and the Living Well North Tyneside partnership. We hope these discussions will not only help us capture positive case studies of working better together, but will also provide a blueprint for how we might continue to best support our local residents.
The Better Together strategy ambition is to achieve the following outcomes over the next three years:
- Increasing the capacity of VCS organisations to adapt and thrive in times of diminishing resources and increasing demand
- Supporting residents to play a more active role in managing their own health and wellbeing, as well as the health and wellbeing of their local communities
- Ensuring every resident has the opportunity to contribute to their community through volunteering and social action
- Supporting systems that facilitate positive engagement and collaborative working between all partners
- Supporting the VCS to have a strong and meaningful role in influencing policy by speaking up on behalf of the people they represent