North Tyneside Voluntary Organisations Development Agency (“VODA”, "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting any of our site and/or participating in any of our surveys (as set out in our Terms and Conditions of Use) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, and any subsequent UK data protection legislation (the Legislation), the data controller is VODA, an independent charity (Charity Registration No. 1075060) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (Company Registration No. 3703221), whose Registered Office is The Linskill Centre, Linskill Terrace, North Shields NE30 2AY, Tel: 0191 643 2626, E-mail: email@example.com
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and/or other plugins, participating in our surveys which may be sent to you from time to time or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload or download content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
o your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or
- your photograph
· Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream through and possibly from our site if you click on an external link (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
· Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our partners operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, organisations that use our site to promote their activities) and may receive information about you from them.
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- by using our web site you are consenting to us collecting and processing your data
- processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of you as the data subject.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process Sensitive Personal Data (e.g. ethnicity, age, etc) and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
o to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we or our contributors offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, or you have otherwise given your consent.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
o to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional material we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant promotional material to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with third parties such as other Living Well in North Tyneside organisations that use our site to promote their services.
We may also share your information (but not Sensitive Personal Data without your expressed oermission) with selected third parties including:
- Third parties on whose behalf we have conducted surveys, competitions, promotions and other activities which you have chosen to take part in.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that transfer the website and its contents to another Third Sector organisation.
- Parties to whom we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to whom we disclose or share data in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of VODA, our beneficiaries, or others.
If you have opted to do so, we may send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our or our contributors’ products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other organisations using Living Well in North Tyneside may also send you similar information, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other organisations to send you information when you tick the relevant boxes when you create an account or complete online forms.
If you have consented to such receive information from us you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?' below for further information.
You can also manage your preferences by using our privacy dashboard when you have logged in.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the Internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see 'Contact' below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the United Kingdom. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you use social media plugins or features on our site you agree that we may receive information about you from social media sites (including personal information) in order to enable us to provide you with an online account and to enable you to use the site and its features. Any information received by us via the use of social media functions shall be stored and used strictly in accordance with this privacy statement.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. If we wish to keep your information longer, e.g. as part of a survey, we will seek your permission first.
Your Data Protection Rights
VODA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access: You have the right to request VODA for copies of your personal data. The information will normally be supplied free of charge but VODA reserves the right to charge an appropriate fee where the requests are excessive or repetitive. When exercising this right please make sure you tell us that this is a “Subject Access Request”.
· The right to rectification: You have the right to request that VODA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request VODA to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure: You have the right to request that VODA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that VODA restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to VODA’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to data portability: You have the right to request that VODA transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Once we have received the request and verified your identity, we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via one of the following methods:
Email us at:
Call us at
- 0191 643 2626
Or write to us:
· The Linskill Centre, Linskill Terrace, North Shields NE30 2AY
Your request should include the following details:
- Your full name
- The email address used in your registration
- The type of request you are making
- Any details that will help us to identify your data.
All requests for data must be from the email account used in your registration on our sit. We reserve the right to request from you adequate and legal proof of your identity before handing over any data.
A cookie is a small text file written to your hard drive that contains information about your account and use of this site. Cookies enable us to collect useful information and to improve your experience when accessing and using our site.
The main cookies we use on our site is Google Analytics. We use this this service to improve your experience across the sites
- The service:
- This service runs in the background and places one or more cookies on your computer, or handheld device. It helps us measure how you interact with our website content by tracking your user journey and site interactions. The cookies store non-identifiable information about your browsing history, we use this data to analyse patterns and trends to help improve your experience.
- The data Google Analytics stores about you:
- Non-identifiable data such as visits, pages viewed, time on site, and the journey you take through the site.
For more details on Google Analytics please visit their website http://www.google.com/analytics/
You can manage cookies through your browser settings. The "help" function within your browser should provide information about this. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office This can be done via their website
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com